THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND HELP IN JOHN’S WIN NOVEMBER 6TH 2012!!! – DISTRICT 47 – INDIANA STATE REPRESENTATIVE!!! Also, much respect to Democratic opponent Chris Grider. He worked hard and ran a professional, clean campaign. Best of wishes to him.
Name: John L. Price
Office/Elect: Indiana State Representative District 47
Offices Held: Johnson County Commissioner – 4 years, Johnson County Council – 4 years, White River Township Advisory Board – 6 years
Serving Johnson County Government 35 years
Education: Franklin Community High School; College Credits through Indiana University; Valencia Community College; and Northwestern University
Key Leadership Roles:
- Owner and president of JLP Enterprises, Inc.
- Owner and president of Irrigation Solutions
- Johnson County Commissioner
- Served as chairman for three years
- Provided oversight of 10 departments with approximately 90 employees and budgets of more than $13 million
- Johnson County Council
- Served as president and vice president
- Reviewed and approved budgets of more than $25 million
- Director of Johnson County Highway and Engineering
- Managed the local and federal highway budget exceeding $8 million.
- Provided leadership and supervision to more than 50 employees.
- Utilized county highway employees to complete expansion of highway office, saving taxpayers over $30 thousand.
- Awarded Highway Director of the Year for the State of Indiana.
- Appointed to represent Johnson County on the Metropolitan Planning Organization
- Director of Johnson County Fleet Maintenance
- Key role in implementing and administering the fleet program, saving taxpayers over a half million dollars by volume purchasing, efficient scheduling and in-house maintenance on vehicles.
- Chief Deputy of Johnson County Sheriff’s Department
- Assisted the Sheriff in managing the jail, investigations and uniform division.
- Assisted in preparing and administering the various sheriff’s department budgets.
- Served as SWAT team leader, member of the scuba team, investigations and crime technician and helicopter pilot.
- Served the Indiana Sheriff’s Association – Legislative and Scholarship Committees
- Served as deputy coroner for 12 years.
- U.S. Military Staff Sergeant (E-6)
Boards and Committees: Johnson County Development Corporation Board, Johnson County Solid Waste Board, Johnson County Community Corrections Board, Johnson County Public Safety E-911 Board, Johnson County Emergency Management Advisory Council, and East—West Transportation Enhancement Committee, Leadership Johnson County Development Committee, Past Johnson County Planning and Zoning Comprehensive Steering Committee, Past White River Fire District Board, Past Bargersville Fire District Board
Other Memberships: Indiana Sheriff’s Association, Past Highland Park Homeowners Association Board, White River Township Task Force, Franklin Masonic Lodge No. 107, Indianapolis Valley of the Scottish Rite, Johnson County Fraternal Order of Police, Past Johnson County Republican County Chairman, and Precinct Committeeman – White River #7
Family/Personal: Married with four children and three grandchildren, member of Greenwood Christian Church